Summer is here! The kids have one week of school left, which means we will be gearing up for quite a bit of traveling over the next few months. Today, I am sharing the best beauty products & tips for travel to make sure you are never without your beauty favorites while away from home. Enjoy!
- Choose products that are multi functional. For example, my beloved IT cosmetics CC Cream is my sunscreen and foundation all-in-one, it color corrects and hydrates my skin and also contains anti-aging serum. Wow! What a powerhouse. The Nars Multiple I mention below, can be used on the face ( eyes, cheeks, lips) and body to give you a healthy, gorgeous glow.
- Depending on the length of your stay, you can decant your products into different containers. One of my best hacks is to depot my cream products into a contact lens case. Each compartment gets its own product. It is truly amazing how much product you can get into a small contact case. You can build a whole makeup wardrobe, using hardly any space at all. More on that in my Instagram stories under Travel. I have a week’s worth of foundation, concealer, cream blush, highlighter and lip color in my purse.
- Choose products in stick, tube or pump form. Try to avoid packing glass bottles. They can break and create a huge mess.
RELATED: WEEKEND GETAWAY PACKING LIST
- Many companies have cottoned on and now make your favorite products in a smaller, travel friendly format. There is a special travel sections at Sephora for just those products. It will save you oodles of space in your bag.
- You know those little sample fragrance bottles you can get at Nordstrom? Ask a lovely sales person for a couple of empty ones and you can decant your favorite perfumes into them. I share a tutorial on Instagram. (Just click on the travel icon in stories.) Better yet, if you have a rapport with the sales people, have them do it for you right there in the store.
- Pack your bag in advance. Have a special travel bag set aside and ready to go with all of your favorites. That way, you are ready to go at a moment’s notice and won’t be scrambling and trying to throw all of your crap into a bag. Or even worse, forget stuff all together. It that should happen, no worries, I have got you covered. Here is my list of drugstore favorites if, God forbid, your stuff gets lost and you need to make a pit stop at CVS.
- PRO TIP: When ordering refills of your favorite makeup and skincare products, I like to use Sephora and/or the brands’ own website. Quite often, they offer deluxe samples with every order (Sephora has their VIB program) so you can stock up on travel sized versions of your favorites and have them at the ready.
Hudson + Bleecker Voyager Travel Bag// This bag is as beautiful as it is practical. It has 2 removable, clear, interior compartments so you can see all of your stuff at a glance. It also has a small zippered makeup pouch, which can double as a cute clutch. The best price is on E-bags and if you are using Ebates, you get an additional 5% cash back, which makes this a great deal. ( If you are not using Ebates, I highly encourage yo to sign up. It really pays off, especially on larger purchases and it is like free money. I recently bought a mattress and got $50.00 back. Also, it is nice to get a check in the mail every once in a while. My last one was for $155. You can sign up here. They will even give you $10.00 to get started.
Leak Proof Travel Bottles// Let’s face it. There is nothing like having your favorite shampoo, conditioner, and/or lotion with you when you travel. Sometimes, the hotel toiletries just don’t cut it, am I right?! These bottles are fabulous. They hold a lot of product and are squishable, so it comes out easily. They are TSA approved and come with leak proof caps, so they won’t explode all over the place. This way, you can always tote along your favorites.
Bobbi Brown Beach Roller Ball// If you are not using my travel fragrance hack, or you are taking a longer trip, I recommend getting a rollerball. Lots of companies have started making them. My absolute favorite though is the Bobbi Brown Beach fragrance. It just smells like vacation.
Meditate Antiperspirant Wipes// These are so handy and convenient. They go in your gym bag, purse, carry-on,… really anywhere. This way, you can ensure you are not stinky, even if your luggage gets lost, or you have to run around the airport. Personally, I received a travel size of Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant, which I have been loving. So, I will be packing that in my bag this summer.
Nars The Multiple in Orgasm// I personally love anything that is multi functional and comes in stick form, as it won’t spill and ruin everything in your suitcase. #buzzkill. This is so convenient and application is super easy. This stick is a summer must-have for me. It imparts a sexy glow just about anywhere, but I love it on my checks and collarbone. Orgasm is the perfect shade of peachy pink and leaves you glowing. I love it.
Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation// This is, hands down, one of my favorites foundations in general, but I adore it for traveling. The overage is buildable and beautiful and this also doubles as my concealer.
Almay Makeup Remover Sticks// These are amazing for travel and your purse. The q-tips already contains makeup remover. All you have to do is break the tip and let the product run down into the other tip. A great, mess free way to bring eye makeup remover and fix your makeup mistakes on the go. This stuff is also super gentle and won’t irritate my sensitive eyes.
Vital Proteins To-Go Sticks// I have been using this stuff for a while now and love it. It is a collagen protein I mix it into my water, or coffee, and it works wonders on my hair, skin and nails. It also makes a great on-the-go protein shake, if mixed with a pressed juice or smoothie. A quick and healthy meal replacement alternative at the airport, it will help you make better food choices.
Patchology Hydrating Flashmask// Airplanes are so hard on your skin and can be so drying. These masks are great on the plane, or for a quick hydrating boost after a day at the beach. They take up almost no room in your bag, so you can take a few of them.
Charlotte Tilbury Travel Palette// This neutral, universally flattering palette is so beautiful, easy to use and contains everything you need to do your makeup. I filmed a tutorial on how to use it here.
Drunk Elephant – The Littles// I adore this brand and don’t want to be without it, when I travel. It is amazing skincare and I recommend it highly. Also, this gives you an opportunity to sample the line without breaking the bank. That being said, if you love another brand, chances are they make travel sizes.
Living Proof Travel Shampoo// Dry shampoo is great for travel and extends the life of your shampoo and blowdry. This is one of my holy grail products and I simply can not be without it. As mentioned above, I stock up on this when they are having a sale on their website, so I aways have a travel sized version at the ready. This stuff actually cleans your hair and gives it some body and grip as well. Pure Magic!
Skyn Iceland Eye Patches// I will wear these on the plane and apologize to no-one. They are fantastic for de-puffing and hydrating and have a nice cooling and soothing effect. Slap them on 20 minutes before you land and you will get off that airplane looking fresh as a daisy.
I hope yo enjoyed this post. Happy traveling,
SHOP THIS POST: